The MSB ACR Shelter has many dogs and cats looking for loving, forever homes. Sometimes, we even have other animals such as rabbits or horses. We maintain a log of reported lost and found animals, in order to reunite people with their lost pets.
We Have Two Entrances
- Enter through the LEFT door to:
- Bring in a homeless animal to be possibly rehomed
- Speak with an Animal Care Officer
- Adopt an animal from the shelter
- File a report for a lost pet
- Volunteer or make a donation
|If already spayed/neutered||$69||$99|
|After 14 days, if altered at the shelter||$69||$99|
|After 14 days, if previously altered||$27||$29|
Included with Adoption
- Appropriate vaccinations including rabies
- Lifetime Licensing
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Feline leukemia testing for kittens
Lost and Found
In order to help reunite people with their lost pets, the shelter maintains a log of reported lost and found animals.
- If you have found an animal at-large, please file a Found Animal Report.
- If your animal is lost, please check to see if your pet has been brought to the shelter by browsing the PetHarbor database or by calling the Shelter at 746-5500.
- If your pet is not at the shelter, please file a Lost Animal Report. Fax or mail the complete report to the shelter at 746-6683.
Within the Cities
The Police Department is the enforcement agency for animal-related issues within the city limits of Palmer, Wasilla and Houston. For complaints regarding animals within the city limits, please call:
- 745-4811 for Palmer
- 352-5401 for Wasilla
- 892-6447 for Houston
If you're bringing in an animal you found within the city limits, please make a note of the location and bring the address and/or cross streets to the shelter.
Our Enforcement branch has Animal Care Officers on staff to ensure the welfare of the Borough's domesticated animals.
The Officers enforce the regulations set forth under Title 24 of the MAT-SU Borough Code.
They investigate animal-related incidents such as bite cases, neglect cases, and cruelty cases. They perform a variety of other functions as well, including:
- Retrieval of strays
- Addressing reports of excessive barking or other public nuisance
- Animal welfare investigations
- Responding to animal-related public heath and safety issues
- Removal of deceased animals
- Kennel inspections
- License / Registration enforcement
- MSB Title 24 code enforcement
- Community education
Borough Code / Borough Law - requires all animals to be continuously under restraint. It's for your safety and for the safety of your family.
Do you have some free time to share?
Join our Volunteer Program and help care for our Shelter animals. To become a volunteer you need to attend a 1 hour orientation and a 6 hour training session. They are both offered once a month.
- walking dogs
- socializing cats
- kennel cleaning
- folding linens
- running the dishwasher
- offsite adoption events
- offsite shot clinics
Ready to start?
The following forms are required:
9470 E. Chanlyut Circle, Palmer, AK
|Tuesday - Thursday:||12:00-06:30|
|Sunday - Monday:||Closed|