The MSB ACR Shelter has many dogs and cats looking for loving, forever homes. Most of the time we have other animals such as rabbits, guinea pigs, or horses. Another service we provide is maintaining a log of reported lost and found animals, in order to reunite people with their lost pets.
We Have Two Entrances
- Enter through the LEFT door to:
- Bring in a homeless animal for possible adoption
- Speak with an Animal Care Officer
- Enter through the RIGHT door to:
- Adopt an animal from the shelter
- File a report for a lost pet
- Volunteer or make a donation
|If already spayed/neutered||$69||$99|
|*Discounts may apply. Inquire at the shelter for pricing regarding specific pets.|
Included with Adoption
- Appropriate vaccinations including rabies
- Lifetime Licensing
- Spay/Neuter Surgery
- Feline leukemia testing for kittens
Lost and Found
In order to help reunite people with their lost pets, the shelter maintains a log of reported lost and found animals.
- If you have found an animal at-large, please file a Found Animal Report.
- If your animal is lost, please check to see if your pet has been brought to the shelter by browsing the PetHarbor database or by calling the Shelter at 746-5500.
- If your pet is not at the shelter, please file a Lost Animal Report. Fax or mail the complete report to the shelter at 746-6683.
Regulation and Enforcement
Mat-Su Animal Care and Regulation operates under the Borough Code, Title 24. Four Animal Care Officers provide regulation and enforcement services to the entire Borough, with the exception of Palmer, Wasilla, and Houston city limits as discussed below. For a brief overview of a few of the more commonly discussed Regulations, please review our Brochure and Information Document.
Within The Cities
The Police Departments are the enforcement agency for animal-related issues within the city limits of Palmer and Wasilla. Within Houston city limits, animal-related issues are handled by the city . For complaints regarding animals within the city limits, please call:
- 745-4811 for Palmer
- 352-5401 for Wasilla
- 892-6447 for Houston
If you're bringing in an animal you found within the city limits, please make a note of the location and bring the address and/or cross streets to the shelter.
Do you have some free time to share?
Join our Volunteer Program and help care for our Shelter animals. To become a volunteer you need to attend a 1 hour orientation and a 6 hour training session. They are both offered once a month.
- walking dogs
- socializing cats
- kennel cleaning
- folding linens
- running the dishwasher
- offsite adoption events
- offsite shot clinics
Ready to start?
|Tuesday - Thursday:||11:00-06:30|
|Friday - Saturday:||11:00-05:00|
|Sunday - Monday:||Closed|