General Office Information:
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Clerk's Office Mission Statement
"The Clerk's Office provides the highest quality of service and support to the
Assembly, Borough staff, and its citizens with integrity and teamwork.
We are dedicated to preserving historical records, ensuring a fair electoral process, and
providing a direct link between the residents and their local government."
The Office of the Borough Clerk provides the professional link between the citizens, the local governing bodies, and agencies of government at other levels.
The Borough Assembly, the legislative branch of the Borough government, appoints the Borough Clerk. The Clerk and her staff work for the borough assembly. The Clerk administers the Assembly’s offices and serves as a conduit to the Administration, the public, and other agencies for the Assembly.
General Mandated Duties of the Borough Clerk:
- Administers all Borough Elections. The Clerk also prepares petitions and verifies signatures for initiatives, referendum, and recall elections.
- Manages Borough Records for active and inactive files, develops retention schedules and procedures for inventory, storage, and destruction of all borough records as necessary.
- Assures that public records, including ordinances, resolutions, rules, regulations, and codes are available for public inspection as required by law.
- Publishes and gives notice of meetings to the Borough assembly members and the public of the time, place, and location of the meetings.
- Prepare agendas and assembly packets; provide for codification of ordinances; keeps a journal of all borough assembly meetings; and, takes oaths, affirmation, and acknowledgements as necessary.
- Serves as parliamentarian to the borough assembly and advises other borough boards on parlimentarian procedures.
- Has custody of the official municipal seal and attests (confirms to be genuine) deeds, and other documents, such as ordinances, resolutions, minutes, and contracts, by signing and affixing the Borough seal.