Plan Reviews, Inspections, & Code Enforcement
The State Fire Marshal has deferred a portion of the Mat Su Borough to the Central Mat-Su Fire Department. We conduct all fire and life safety plan reviews and inspections for the Wasilla-Lakes Fire Service Area. To check which fire service area you are in, search for your property by owner or address in the My Property application. You can also contact the Administrative Secretary.
Applications (click to download)
Fire Code Staff:
Contact Number: (907) 373-8830
Fire Code Official, Jacob Boothby
Fire Code Official, Richard Boothby
Fire Code Official,
The Building Permit Process
Submit completed plan review application form and construction documents (see above) to the Administrative Secretary of the Fire Code Office.
- Fire system plan reviews (fire alarm, fire suppression, hood suppressions, and fuel systems) will be submitted using the Plan Review Application above.
- A plan review fee will be calculated by the Administrative Secretary.
- The plans are reviewed by a Fire Code Official after receipt of the fee.
- The review is usually completed within a two-week time frame, however, additional information may be required.
- Once the review has been approved as submitted and/or modified, a permit will be issued.
- A copy of the plan review approval certificate must be posted as required in 13 AAC 55.100(b).
- Once work has been completed on site and ready to open to the public, contact the Administrative Secretary to schedule a final inspection.
- If there are deficiencies noted at the inspection, a timeframe will be established for completion of corrections. If there are no correction to be made, a certifice of occupancy will be issued and the plan review will be closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated on Thursday, 11 April 2013 10:25