Appointments now in progress!
Call 373-8823 to get on the list!
This is the LAST YEAR for the Spruce Tree Removal Program (Cost Share)! First come, first served. Call soon or you'll miss out!
Why: The purpose is to reduce life and property loss
· Wildfires happen, be ready!
· Studies indicate that 60% of homes lost to wildfires are due to embers!
· Insurance companies may deny your claim.
· Homeowners can prepare before wildfire occurs.
· Shares other disaster preparedness information!
Who: The Matanuska-Susitna Borough’s Department of Emergency
Services Wildfire Mitigation/Firewise Program.
It is FOR any and all homeowners in the borough.
Where: Anywhere across the Matanuska-Susitna Borough.
When: All summer by appointment. We do work evenings and weekends.
How: Call 373-8823 to make an appointment.
What: A program designed to help homeowners identify their
vulnerabilities to wildfire. Helps home owners and builders
discover what they CAN do to minimize their wildfire risks.
· Uses a standardized form to give an overall wildfire risk score.
· Visits may identify spruce trees eligible for removal via the wildfire fuel reduction Cost Share Program. Beetle killed white spruce and all black spruce qualify for Cost Share. Birch, cottonwood, willow and alder do NOT qualify. This program allows for up to $900 of tree removal work done by qualified contractors and paid for by the Mat-Su Borough using American Recovery and Reinvestment Act monies. This is provided on a first come, first served basis.
There is NO obligation to cut trees. The program is designed to help homeowners help themselves. Ask yourself: "Am I prepared?" If the answer is "no", call us, we can help! 373-8823.