March 30, 2011 - LiDAR and Imagery Project Update
As mentioned last week the review team has recommended the award go to Aerometric.
The recommendation will be voted on by the MSB Assembly on April 5th.
Anticipated Project Deliverables
- LiDAR data w/ 0.6m nominal pulse spacing (these data will meet both USGS & FEMA specs)
- ½ ft, ortho-rectified, leaf-off, multispectral 4-band imagery for a 270 sq/mi urbanized area
- 1 ft, ortho-rectified, leaf-off, multispectral 4-band imagery for the entire project area
- 1 m bare earth digital elevation model (DEM)
- 1m first return (top of canopy) DSM
- 2 ft contours
- Building footprints @ 97% accuracy
- Automated vegetation classification of heights above bare ground as low (less than 2 meters), medium (2-5 meters) and high (>5 meters)
3rd Party QA/QC
We are busy working on the details of the 3rd party QA/QC.
Our intent is to break the 3rd party QA/QC work into two pieces:
- A bid solicitation for a professional survey of 100 ground control points (20 per the 5 most dominant land cover categories) for use in assessing the vertical accuracy of the LiDAR data and derived products.
- A contract to perform a 3rd party evaluation.
Current Project Partners and/or Funding Sources
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement (BOEMRE) – Coastal Impact Assistance Program (CIAP)
US Geological Survey (USGS)
The Alaska Energy Authority (AEA)
US Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
Mat-Su Salmon Partnership
Matanuska Susitna Borough (MSB)