WHAT WE DO
- The Code Compliance Division provides services for the administration and enforcement of ordinances, regulations, and the flood damage prevention program.
- Conducts disaster mitigation/response planning and coordinates the in-house review of private and public agency projects for compliance with related plans, ordinances and policies.
- Assists in development of new and revised plans and ordinances and conducts full code compliance activities in all areas of the Borough except the cities of Palmer, Wasilla and Houston.
- Provides public information and education on MAT-SU Borough ordinances.
- Conducts field inspections, investigates violations and takes appropriate action to gain compliance.
- In fulfilling our responsibilities we work with other borough departments as well as state and federal agencies.
- We provide support related to land use code compliance to citizen groups, community councils, incorporated cities, advisory boards, the planning commission and the assembly.
The Code Compliance office is located on the second floor of the Borough Building in Palmer.