The 2011 Record of Decision deals with the construction, mitigation and operation of the access roads, parking lots and transit facilities in the Management Unit.
The 2011 Record of Decision (ROD) for the EIS found that the proposed project included the following improvements with consistent with the Environmental Protection Act, provided certain mitigating factors were followed:
- A pave access road (an upgrade and realignment of an existing gravel road in the Northern Area; a new access road in the Southern Area)
- A paved parking lot with lighting (an upgrade of an existing gravel parking lot in the Northern Area for 413 vehicles and two buses; a new parking lot in the Southern Area for 210 vehicles and six buses)
- A 20 to 30 passenger, enclosed, heated, and lighted transit facility with restrooms
- Utility extensions (i.e., telephone or fiber optic cable and electrical lines)
- The Southern Area includes a paved, separated pathway for non-motorized uses, parallel to the new access road.