Facilities > Animal Shelter
See all Adoptable Animals in the Shelter
|If already spayed/neutered||$69||$99|
*Discounts may apply. Inquire at the shelter for pricing regarding specific pets.
- Appropriate vaccinations including rabies
- Lifetime licensing
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Feline leukemia testing for kittens
Lost and Found
In order to help reunite people with their lost pets, the shelter maintains a log of reported lost and found animals.
- If you have found an animal at-large, please file a Found Animal Report.
- If your animal is lost, please check to see if your pet has been brought to the shelter by browsing the PetHarbor database or by calling the Shelter at 746-5500.
- If your pet is not at the shelter, please file a Lost Animal Report. Fax or mail the complete report to the shelter at 746-6683.
Regulation and Enforcement
For a brief overview of a few of the more commonly discussed regulations, please review our Brochure and Information Document.
Within The Cities
The Police Departments are the enforcement agency for animal-related issues within the city limits of Palmer and Wasilla. Within Houston city limits, animal-related issues are handled by the city. For complaints regarding animals within the city limits, please call:
- 745-4811 for Palmer
- 352-5401 for Wasilla
- 892-6447 for Houston
If you're bringing in an animal you found within the city limits, please make a note of the location and bring the address and/or cross streets to the shelter.
Do you have some free time to share?
Join our Volunteer Program and help care for our Shelter animals. To become a volunteer you need to attend a 1 hour orientation and a 6 hour training session. They are both offered once a month.
- walking dogs
- socializing cats
- kennel cleaning
- folding linens
- running the dishwasher
- offsite events
- spay day assistance
August 19th, 2017 from 10am - 430pm