Commercial, Educational, & Nonprofit Outdoor Shooting Facility Working Group
The Assembly is creating a temporary working group, known as the Commercial, Educational, and Nonprofit Outdoor Shooting Facility Working Group, to utilize technical expertise and research in advising the Assembly and Administration on any and all aspects, effects and concerns related to commercial, educational, and nonprofit outdoor shooting ranges. Research topics include, but are not be limited to, relevant case study research of ordinances in other municipalities, best management practices, environmental effects, land use and design principles, and health and safety standards.
As feasible, they shall be drawn from the following broad categories:
· Two representatives of commercial, educational, and nonprofit outdoor shooting facilities in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough;
· One senior official in law enforcement, or their designee;
· One with expertise in environmental protection;
· One from the National Rifle Association;
· One from a local sport shooting or fish & game organization;
· Two residents within mile from an existing commercial, outdoor shooting facility; and
· One at-large member.
Please, check the Public Meetings schedule for specific meeting information.