Marijuana Advisory Committee
The Marijuana Advisory Committee (MAC) was comprised of the 17 following seats:
- 1 - potentially interested marijuana grower
- 1 - non-marijuana farming operation
- 1 - potentially interested marijuana retailer
- 1 - from the financial community
- 1 - from a local business organization such as a chamber of commerce
- 1 - from law enforcement
- 1 - from the health community
- 1 - from the education community
- 1 - with planning and zoning experience
- 1 - from sales, marketing, advertising experience
- 3 - citizens of the Borough who do not live within city limits
- 1 - representing the city government of Houston
- 1 - representing the city government of Palmer
- 1 - representing the city government of Wasilla
- 1 - representing the Borough at the department director level or equivalent
The MAC was created to advise the Assembly on any and all impacts of the implementation of Alaska Statute 17.38.
There were also created an equal number of alternate seats. Each regular member and each alternate were partnered so that if the regular member was unable to attend, that they called the alternate and had them attend in their place.
Please, check the Public Meetings schedule for specific meeting information.