All applications must be signed and approved by the CCU&R Coordinator. Regular disposal rates apply for unauthorized applications. Previously approved forms from prior years will not be accepted.
SCHEDULED COMMUNITY CLEAN-UPS (updated 4/24/2019)
- South Knik Community Council: 4/25/2019-5/6/2019
- MSB Parks & Recreation: 5/18/2019
- South Knik Community Council: 5/16/2019-5/23/2019
- Valley Ranch Estates Homeowners Association: 4/25/2019-5/13/2019
- Settlers Bay Homeowners Association: 5/11/2019
- Eagle Estates HOA: 4/27/2019-5/4/2019
- City of Palmer: 5/6/2019-5/11/2019
- Fishhook Community Council: 5/11/2019
- Pioneer Meadows HOA: 5/11/2019
- Lazy Mountain Community Council: 5/18/2019
- Woodfield Park: 5/18/2019
NORTH OF PALMER:
- Moose Range Neighbors: 4/20/2019-4/30/2019
- Glacier View Community Council: 5/4/2019
- Chickaloon Community Council: 5/6/2019-5/19/2019
WASILLA TO BIG LAKE:
- Gershmel Loop Area: 5/1/2019-5/6/2019
- MTA Sports Center: 5/3/2019
- Kabayan Inc. Filipino-American Community of Mat-Su: 5/4/2019
- Refuge Crossfit: 5/4/2019-5/5/2019
- Williwaw Subdivision: 5/5/2019-5/6/2019
- City of Wasilla: 5/6/2019-5/11/2019
- Horseshoe Lake Firewise Community Cleanup: 5/11/2019-5/12/2019
- Brentwood Estates: 5/11/2019-5/18/2019
- Meadow Lakes Community Council: 5/13/2019-5/18/2019
- COMPLETED: Lucille
NORTH/NORTHWEST OF WASILLA:
- City of Houston: 4/23/2019-4/28/2019
- Willow Area Community Organization (WACO): 5/25/2019-6/1/2019
*If a cleanup has not been scheduled with our coordinator, regular disposal fees will apply.
With proper authorization from the Community Clean-Up and Recycling (CCU&R) Program Coordinator, all collected items from Borough roadsides, public lands, and Borough right-of-ways will be accepted for disposal at no charge during your scheduled event. It is your responsibility to make sure all items have been disposed of properly.
Advertisements: The Borough will advertise a general schedule of all community clean-up events in the Frontiersman, the MSB website and the appropriate MSB Facebook page(s).
Hazardous or Universal Waste: MUST be taken to the Central Landfill Hazardous Waste Facility on Wednesday's or Saturday's between 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM. Or you can schedule a drop-off appointment by calling the Environmental Unit at 907-861-7604. All collected items from Borough roadsides, public lands and Borough right-of-ways will be taken at no charge during your scheduled event. No items may be left outside of your dumpster, along the side of the road, or outside the Hazardous Waste Facility gates. It is your responsibility to make sure all hazardous waste items have been disposed of properly. These items include, but are not limited to:
- Batteries (NiCad, Lithium, etc.)
- Engine Oil
- Floor Wax
- Fuel Solvents
- Furniture Stripper
- Mining Chemicals
- Paint Thinner
- Paints or Stains
- PCB's (and PCB Ballasts)
- Photography Chemicals
- Printer Ink Cartridges
- Propane Tanks
- Transmission Fluid
- or any other Hazradous Waste
Prohibited Items: Due to regulatory requirements and environmental concerns, the Central Landfill, Hazardous Waste Facility, and Transfer Stations cannot accept the following items:
- Burning or Smoldering Material
- Corrugated Cardboard (in excess of 1 cubic yard)
- Compressed Gas Cylinders (e.g. Acetylene, Oxygen, etc.)
- Controlled Substances, Narcotics, Prescription Drugs
- Human Feces/Honey Buckets
- Illuminated Signs (e.g. exit signs)
- Radioactive Waste
- Recreational Vehicles (RV's) or Motor Homes
- Sewage and Sludge
If you find any of the above prohibited items during your clean-up event, please contact the Solid Waste Division for more information on how to properly dispose of these items.
Refrigerators and Freezers: Must be empty and doors must be removed. Not allowed in dumpster.
Safety Gear: We strongly recommend participants wear their own personal protective equipment and safety gear.
Securing Your Load(s): ALL loads MUST be secured (by tarps, ropes, bungees, nets, etc.) during transportation and upon arrival to the Central Landfill and/or Transfer Stations. All unsecured loads will be charged a $12.00 unsecured load fee (per vehicle, per load).
Trash Bags: Trash bags will be provided by the CCU&R Program Coordinator. At least two (2) weeks prior to your event, you must contact the CCU&R Program Coordinator to arrange pick-up of your signed authorization letter and litter bags. ALL unused bags must be returned to Central Landfill or the nearest Transfer Station at the end of your scheduled event.
Waste Disposal: Groups must deliver collected waste to either their group dumpster, a Borough Transfer Station or the Central Landfill, during the dates indicated on their approved authorization letter. You or your volunteers will need to provide your orignal authorization letter to the gate/scale house attendant upon your arrival. Unauthorized disposal will be subject to regular disposal rates.
If your clean-up consists of more than one day, the attendant will hold onto your original authorization letter from your first disposal until the last day of your event. Any waste brought in after the last date on your authorization letter will be charged at regular disposal rates.
To remove unwanted junk vehicles, please contact one of the below companies.
If your company provides this service and would like to be added to this list, please call 907-861-7605.
|Company or Organization||Services||Contact Information|
|Alaska Car Crushing & Recycling||Vehicle Removal/Salvage/Property Cleanup||907.357.5865|
|Durgeloh Truck Salvage||Salvage||907.376.3958|
|GOT JUNK||Junk & Trash Removal||800.468.5865|
|Happy Hooker Towing||Vehicle Removal||907.376.9114|
|Knik Towing & Wrecking||Vehicle Removal/Salvage||907.376.2584|
|Matanuska Towing & Recovery (MTR)||Vehicle Removal||907.376.5353|
|Newman’s Hilltop Service (Willow)||Vehicle Removal||907.495.6479|
|Tews, Inc.||Vehicle Removal/Property Cleanup||907.376.2949|
|Trapper Creek Towing & Recovery||Vehicle Removal||907.733.5595|
|MSB Community Cleanup & Recycling Coordinator||Abandoned Vehicles in Borough (in Right-of-Way's ONLY)||907.861.7605|