Situation Report to the Governor
Mat-Su | Patty Sullivan | Friday, August 18, 2006
This information is current as of 4:05 p.m.
Please refer to previous press releases for additional details.
- Residents evacuated off Mercedes Road area subdivision
- Chase Trail flooded between Billion Slough and Talkeetna River Bridge
- Yoder Road is washed out
- Residents East of Talkeetna urged to evacuate due to rising waters
- Mahay's Riverboat Service assisting evacuation efforts in Clear Creek area
- Talkeetna River Crested at 7 am
- SHELTERS- Su Valley High School
Chulitna Area of the Parks Highway
- Water across the Parks Highway at Mile Post 132 - 133 -137- 147
- Parks Highway closed at Mile Post 121
Petersville/Trapper Creek Community
- Residents at Susitna River Road are urged to evacuate their homes
- Several residents at Oilwell Rd and Petersville Rd, west of Moose Creek are trapped on the west side of the creek due to bridge closure at Moose Creek.
- Structure washed away at Moose Creek Bridge near Petersville Road
- Residents east of the Montana Creek Bridge have been isolated
- Montana Creek Campground is under one foot of water and has been closed.
- Willow Creek flooded several large neighborhoods from Parks Hwy to mi. 5 Willow Fishhook Road
- Deneke Bridge and Shirley Town Bridge are washed/impassible
- Approximately 30 homes were flooded
- A majority of residents evacuated
- SHELTER- Willow Community Center
Upper Little Susitna River
- Expect broad crest this afternoon for several hours
- Structure lost at Mi 8.3 Wasilla Fishhook
- Moose Meadows Bridge washed out
- Several neighborhood along Upper Little Su sustained substantial flooding
- Many residents evacuated
- SHELTER- Larson Elementary School
- Lower Little Susitna River flooded - Maid Marion, Robin Hood, and Little John streets
- Most residents evacuated
- Flooding behind Miller's Market and RV Park
- Yoder Road
- Susitna Road 1 mi. from Trapper Creek
- Chase Trail between Billion Slough and Talkeetna River Bridge
- Oilwell Road mi. 6 at Moose Creek Bridge
- Petersville Road mi. 7.07
- Parks Hwy at Mi. 121 to 137
- Willow Fishhook- 14 miles from Parks Hwy Alaska Railroad Corporation (ARRC)
- Suspending all train traffic between Talkeetna and Denali National Park
- Mainline track north of Talkeetna between ARRC milepost 237 and 270.
- Slides have occurred and the mainline has been washed out at ARRC milepost 252.