The MSB Public Works Department will be recognized by residents and Borough employees as providing high quality road, vehicle and facility maintenance as well as solid waste disposal and recycling services. We will be known for responsiveness, reliability, good stewardship of public funds and compassionate attention given to the needs of every resident and employee.
The mission of the Public Works Department is to provide safe and efficient operation and maintenance of Borough roads, vehicles and facilities as well as cost effective and safe operation of Borough utilities including solid waste disposal, water treatment, wastewater treatment and flood control services.
Phone: (907) 861-7756
Phone: (907) 861-7752
Road Signs & Street Lights: (907) 861-7755
Road Project Management: (907) 861-7754
Talkeetna Water & Sewer: (907) 861-7753
Facility Maintenance: (907) 861-7754
Vehicle Maintenance: (907) 861-7754
Operations and Maintenance
The Operations and Maintenance (O & M) Division manages road improvement projects, natural resource projects, and community projects. We provide maintenance of:
- Vehicles (excluding Emergency Services vehicles)
Phone: (907) 861-7753
Fax: (907 ) 861-7769
Solid Waste Division
Draft Landfill Development Plan
The Solid Waste Division manages waste generated by Mat-Su Borough residents, while occasionally accepting waste generated outside of the Mat-Su Borough.
The Division is organized into seven management units:
- Solid Waste Division Administration
- Central Landfill and Maintenance Operations
- Transfer Station Operations
- Environmental Operations
- Community Clean Up, and
- Junk Car Removal Operations
Services include the identification and breakdown of waste receipt as follows:
- Household Waste Disposal
- Construction and Demolition Debris Disposal
- Hazardous Waste Classification Disposition
- Mixed Scrap Metal Acceptance
- Refrigerators and Freezers Acceptance (chlorofluorocarbon containing devices)
- Asbestos Acceptance
- Community Clean-Up Coordination
- Right-of-way Clean-Up Coordination
- Abandoned Vehicle Removal Services
Rates and Fees are set annually in conjunction with the Mat-Su Borough budget cycle. Any changes to fees normally take place as of July 1st.
The Solid Waste Division staff welcomes ideas and feedback on its operations.
1201 N. 49th State Street (just off the Palmer-Wasilla Highway)
Phone: (907) 861-7600
Fax: (907) 861-7609