: Palmer Pool
Palmer Pool is located at the back of Palmer High School in Palmer. It has been open since 1982, and has offered exercise, swimming lessons, and fun for 36 years. The tentative plans for closure will be after May 24th, 2019 during a year of renovations.
The pool is available for a range of activities like lap swim, lessons, open swim, kids parties, and school activities. Scroll down for our schedule, fees and rules.
To reach the pool call 861-7670 or the info line at 861-7676
Northern Lights Swim Club practice daily 5:30pm-7:00pm.
Saturday, April 20th 2:15-4:15pm Egg Hunt Swim. Fun and Games.
Free Open Swims sponsored by Humdinger's Pizza. March 1st and May 3rd both on Friday nights from 6:30-8pm. Available for the first 105 people only.
July 1st, 2019 pool fee changes:
Single admission youth, senior, and disabled $6
Group rate up to 4 participants $18 and $3 each additional members.
Punch cards: youth, senior, and disabled remains the same at $50 and adult remains at $60. The parent and child punch card will now be $45.
Monthly Passes will all be increased by $5. Youth, senior, disabled now $55, adult now $75 and family to $100.
Yearly passes: Youth, Senior, Disabled $400, Adult $500, family $1,000
Swim lesson fees will remain the same.
Online Registration date TBA no classes offered till June and will be at the Wasilla pool.
Create your swimmer account and registration link:
Instructional video links
- Anyone under 9 must have a responsible individual of at least 13 yrs old in the water with them at all times.
- Hot tub is for ages 18 and up.
- The services of the Hot Tub and diving boards cannot be guaranteed.
Pool Facility Rules
- Payment is required before swimming.
- No alcohol or drugs are allowed on premises. Any and all persons exhibiting such behavior are required to leave without a refund, or will be denied admittance and be reported to the proper authorities.
- Persons with open wounds, sores, or any communicable disease may not enter the pool.
- Toys and equipment brought to the pool need to be approved by the lifeguard prior to its use.
- Running or sliding is not allowed.
- Smoking and chewing tobacco is not allowed in the facility. No smoking within 50 feet of the front door.
- Profanity is prohibited.
- All patrons are subject to lifeguard's interpretation of the rules.
- Only regulation swim wear is allowed.
- Swim pants are required at this facility for patrons that are not toilet trained.
- All persons must shower thoroughly before entering the pool.
- A Lifeguard MUST be on duty before entering the pool.
- Listen to the lifeguard. Failure to do so will result in expulsion from the facility without refund.
- All children under nine years of age must be accompanied in the water, within arms reach, of a responsible individual at least thirteen years of age at all times.
- A parent or guardian must be within an arms reach of any child using a flotation device at all times.
- Persons unable to pass a swimming proficiency test must be accompanied in deep water by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Riding or sitting on another person's shoulders is not allowed.
- Hanging from the diving board or slides is not allowed.
- Rough play is not allowed. This includes dunking, splashing, shoving, pushing, harassment, or flirtatious behavior.
- Diving is only allowed in the diving well.
**Please take note of the additional rules posted at the pool on use of the Locker Rooms, Hot Tub, Diving Well, Diving Board, Slide, and Alaska DEC Public Swimming Pool and Spa Hygiene Requirements when you visit the facility.**
Class Fees - These fees are effective September 1, 2013
|Pre-School Lessons (8 each/ 30 minutes)|
|Youth Lessons ( 8 each/45 minutes)|
|Lifeguard & Water Safety Instructor Classes|
|• Lifeguard Class (must be at least 15 to participate)||$225.00|
|• Water Safety Instructor (must be at least 16 to participate)||$225.00|
DID YOU KNOW?
CPR, Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor, as well as youth and adult swim lessons are offered.
PRESCHOOL LESSONS - Give your child a good start in learning to enjoy the water. We offer swimming lessons and pointers for children 6 months through five years.
YOUTH LESSONS - Lessons are available starting at age six. Program is based on nationally recognized Red Cross Swimming skills.
ADULT LESSONS - Individualized instruction focusing on stroke technique and swimming endurance.
Hourly Rental - These fees are effective September 1, 2013
|Private Hourly Rental|
|0 - 35 People||$ 125.00/hr|
|36 - 70 People||$ 150.00/hr|
|71 - 105 People||$ 175.00/hr|
|Shared Hourly Rental|
Passes - These prices are effective September 1, 2013
30 Day Pass**
|• Sr. Citizen||$50.00|
|Disabled (regardless of age)||$50.00|
|One Year Pass**|
|• Sr. Citizen||$379.00|
|Disabled (regardless of age)||$379.00|
**Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable
10 Visit Punch Card - These prices are effective September 1, 2013
|10 Visit Punch Card|
|• Senior Citizen (age 55 and up)||$50.00|
|• Disabled (regardless of age)||$50.00|
Session Rates - Prices are effective September 1, 2013
|• Preschool (3 & Under) *||Free*|
|• Youth (4-17 Yrs.)||$ 5.00|
|• Adult (18-54 Yrs.)||$ 6.00|
|• Sr. Citizen (55 & Older)||$ 5.00|
|• Disabled||$ 5.00|
|• Group Rate (up to 4 members)||$15.00|
|• Each additional group member||$ 3.00|
*When accompanied by paid admission.
Palmer Pool Forms