Computers Down, Service, Facilities Affected
Mat-Su | Patty Sullivan | Tuesday, July 24, 2018
Some transaction and web services at the Matanuska-Susitna Borough are down today, July 24. The external website is accessible but services such as my Property, and e-Commerce are not functioning. Borough IT is working to resolve the internal database problem. Thank you for your patience. Updates will be regularly posted.
- The Borough is operating with limited services due to most computers not connecting to Borough servers.
- The Palmer Pool and Borough libraries are open but will require cash and check transactions only, no debit or credit cards, for now. The Wasilla Pool has been closed for scheduled construction. The Borough libraries of Sutton, Willow, Talkeetna, and Big Lake, are checking out books manually. Trapper Creek Library is regularly closed today.
- The Animal Care facility computers are down. The facility is open at 1 pm today with limited services. We appreciate your patience. Strays and surrenders will be accepted. The shelter will continue to return lost pets to owners. Adoptions are available today. Many wonderful cats and kittens are for sale at a reduced price. All animals are spayed and neutered with microchip and vaccinations. The facility can accept cash or check only.
- The Central Landfill is open for business. Credit cards are still accepted. Because staff is manually tracking scale weight and fees, please be patient if service is slower than usual. Consider delaying your trip until systems are operational. Transfer sites are open for regular hours.
- Collections is handwriting receipts and can accept cash or check but cannot post transactions yet nor give out balances.