Labor Relations Board
The Labor Relations Board is established as a Borough policy to promote harmonious and cooperative relations between government and its employees. The policy is to be effectuated by recognizing the right of employees to organize, form and join employee organizations for the purpose of collective bargaining, to negotiate with and enter into written agreements with employee organizations on matters of wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment, and to maintain merit-system principles among Borough employees.
The duties of the Labor Relations Board are as follows:
- assisting in the resolution of disputes as prescribed in MSB 2.54
- to determine the extent of and remedy for unfair practices
- to decide the positions to be included within an organization, based upon MSB 2.54
- to conduct hearings and issue cease and desist orders in accordance with MSB 2.54
- the Board may promulgate rules and regulations to effectuate the purposes of MSB 2.54
Labor Relations code can be found at MSB 2.54.
Please, check the Public Meetings schedule for specific meeting information.